A Short History of Argan Oil
Argan oil is popular for providing many benefits in cosmetic and medicinal applications apart from its traditional culinary uses.
Argan oil is derived from the kernels of the fruit of the Argan tree endemic to Morocco.
Initially, the Phoenicians used it as fuel for their oil lamps thanks to the high luminosity produced by it. Later, the Berbers discovered that Argan oil offered extraordinary cosmetic and nutritional virtues and began to incorporate it into their habits of life.
Today Argan oil is especially popular with people who prefer using natural and organic substances on their skin instead of artificial and potentially harmful chemicals.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Health
- Argan oil provides a good source of linoleic and oleic fatty acids, two fats which are known to support good health.
- Dietary Argan oil is considered by the Berber population to be choleretic, hepatoprotective, and useful to treat hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Skin
- Cosmetic-grade oil cures skin pimples, juvenile acne, and chickenpox pustules according to this article.
- It also reduces the rate of appearance of wrinkles and is widely used to fight dry skin.
- Argan oil can also be applied directly to the skin to reduce inflammation caused by injuries or infection.
Benefits of Argan Oil for Hair
Argan oil can do wonders for the hair thanks to its rich content in beneficial nutrients such as vitamin E, fatty acids, squalene, and antioxidants.
Helps fight dandruff
- A dry scalp can not only cause irritation but may also lead to white flakes in your hair. Argan oil helps to combat this by gently moisturising the scalp.
Helps fight frizz
- It can smooth frizzy hair, as well as promoting shine and gloss.
Keeps hair protected from damage
- Thanks to its rich antioxidant properties, Argan oil helps to neutralise hair damage from heat styling and everyday pollution, as well as providing the moisture it needs to help prevent future damage, splitting, and breakage.
Helps to add shine
- With its high content of nutrients, Argan oil helps to increase hair's elasticity and consistently restore shine to dull, lifeless hair.
Undoubtedly, whether you are looking to maintain your healthy locks or they need a bit of a pick me up, Argan oil can be your best friend to achieve your #hairgoals.