What is Kaolin Clay?
Kaolin clay is a natural occurring clay mineral also known as white clay or China clay. Typically white, but can also be pink or green, this clay is rich in silica and with a neutral pH,
Benefits of Kaolin Clay in Cosmetics
Kaolin clay is the mildest clay available and widely used in face masks as it is safe to use on all skin types. In fact, its soft and fine texture makes it ideal for dry, sensitive and mature skin.
These are some of the benefits you can get from incorporating Kaolin clay in your beauty routine:
- Kaolin clay can gently remove the dead skin, absorb impurities from your pores and leave your skin feeling amazingly soft.
- Kaolin clay is a great aid to acne-prone skin thanks to its ability to remove impurities from the pores without irritating or drying the skin.
- Kaolin clay can help you achieve a more toned and fresh appearance, reducing pores size and stimulating skin turnover by regularly exfoliating your skin.
- Kaolin clay's natural properties can calm irritated or inflamed skin, pour some bath fizz or salts with Kaolin clay in a warm bath to soothe the skin all over your body.
- Kaolin clay can be used to clean hair in a dry shampoo form or no-poo method by mixing it with water, applying it to the scalp and letting it sit for a few minutes to remove impurities without stripping natural oils.
Take some time to relax and put your feet up while you put on a clay mask, or maybe go all the way and enjoy a warm fizzy bath for a great pampering experience!