What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is an antioxidant naturally occurring in many foods including nuts, spinach, whole grains, olive oil, and sunflower oil. Vitamin E helps support the immune system, cell function, and skin health. It is also available as a dietary supplement and in topical products.
Why is Vitamin E good for skin?
Vitamin E is an important ingredient in cosmetic formulations because it can prevent oxidative damage to cells by helping to remove free radicals offering many benefits for the skin:
- Protects the skin from UV damage;
- Supports healing for scars or burns;
- Strengthens the skin barrier function;
- Soothes and calms the skin thanks to its natural anti-inflammatory properties;
- Nourishes and hydrates the skin;
- It has shown to relieve eczema.
Vitamin E easily absorbs into the skin, incorporating it into your skincare routine through oils and moisturisers are some of the best ways to use the ingredient.